You will see many keen gardeners enjoying their green spaces with many visiting their local gardening centres or ordering plants online to prepare things for the forthcoming spring and summer. Below we have some top tips for Autumn for you to think about:
- Plant spring bulbs.
- Clear up beds and remove any dead leaves and foliage.
- The earth is still soft and relatively warm so think about planting bushes and trees.
- Rejuvenate tired lawns with an autumn feeding.
- Think wildlife, provide homes for a hedgehog to hibernate, continue to feed birds to attract in new species.
- Bring indoors any houseplants that have been in the garden during the summer.
- Think garden tools, sharpen secateurs and replace blunt blades on lawnmowers etc.
- Turn off outdoor taps at the stop cock or protect them with insulation tubing etc.
- Remove weeds from paths and patios and give them a good clean.